Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2014

carpathian - isolation

almost two years ago i wrote about my black/grey mix copy of carpathian's 'isolation' lp from 2008. just recently i picked this record for a listen and while listening to it, i re-read my post about it. back then i wrote the following: 'deathwish made two colour variations. one white with grey swirl and another on black with grey swirl. the white is the more limited. man, i'd like to have one one day.' it was a friendly reminder and so i ventured over to the bay and searched for carpathian.
sometimes this incidents must have to be destiny. the first result of my search was a shining white with grey swirl copy of this fantastic record. starting bid was just below ten bucks. i thought this would hold off early bids but i was pretty sure that the price would climb the more time went by. with only a few hours of the auction remaining, the record still had no bid. ok, i threw in my maximum bid of which i was convinced no one would go higher. the next day i found myself winning the auction for the starting bid. fine with me but i was quite surprised. maybe it flew under the radar of many because of holiday trouble. whatever.
unfortunately my copy came without an insert. asking the seller if he forgot to sent it for whatever reasons, i got a negative reply with some stupid undertone, mmpphh, that gave me the shits a bit but hey, it was christmas time, time of forgiveness. anyway, bottom line was he had none. so i took the one of my black/grey copy. as i don't need several copies of a record, i gave my spare to a friend for watching after my two rats. thank you! to all of you a happy new year! see you 2015. 200 made. deathwish inc. 2008.