Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013

ebay: bitter end

bitter end - mind in chains 7"
another good hardcore band i'm getting into recently. i checked them out before but as i said in the last post, that 'first cut is the deepest' thing doesn't really work with me. on one of my regular 'killing time on ebay' searches i came across this baby here. the opportunity of getting this for a low price was right in front of me and so i listened to some songs of that 7" on youtube more closely. lo and behold i liked what i heard. i threw in a bid and won it for lousy three coins.
bitter end plays some snotty hardcore in the vein of 50 lions. so just right up my alley. it came out on malfunction records which is by now a division of deathwish records if memory serves. it's their first release and therefore a good door opener to me willing to check out the rest of their discography. so next on my list is their output of 2007 'climate of fear'.
my opaque orange vinyl version is from the second pressing of 500 copies. 'mind in chains' must have been quite successful as the first press came with 1000 copies and all sold out just like the second press. first press' breakdown is 500 on clear with red and black splatter vinyl and another 500 on black and red split vinyl. malfunction records. 2006.